Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just Another Little Bump in the Road....

So just when things are starting to look up, I received my glucose blood test lab results....and I failed! :( Am I surprised? With so many ups and downs already, this is just another hurdle to get through. Oh, and I have low iron...great! As I told my nurse Michelle, "Nothing surprises me at this point...what else could go wrong?" She chimed in, "You're almost there....things are looking better!" And of course they are....I have a beautiful, healthy little girl growing inside. God has gotten us this far and He will continue to stand by us no matter what.

So what does all this mean? Well, it could be nothing or it could mean I have gestational diabetes. I go in to have a 3 hour glucose test next Friday. The worst part is I have to have my blood drawn 4 times and I can't eat anything until after it's all over. I hate needles!

We're praying that I don't have gestational diabetes, but if I do....it's just another little bump in the road. We'll get through it!

4 comments:

Moore Family said...

Fingers and toes crossed for you! And it is a very little bump, yes annoying, but little! We love you guys!

Brian&Melanie said...

Stacie-
I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. :) The same thing happened to me when I was on bedrest. Did the 3 hour test, but luckily passed. I definitely feel your pain!

The good news is that subsequent pregnancies won't necessarily be this difficult. My #2 was a piece of cake. I kept waiting for all the bad news, but...no kidney stones, no bedrest, no glucose test, no early contractions, nothing. Nothing but a normal, uneventful pregnancy!

If your little one is anything like my first, then you've got quite the feisty little girl fighting to meet you! Good luck!
:) Melanie

Jill Raeburn said...

Hey Stacie and Dylan!! We are praying for you guys!! It will all be worth it when you get to hold that baby girl!! You all look so cute, especially you Stacie!! We love you guys!! Jill and Todd

P.S. Belle can't wait to meet the new baby!! She loves babies!! :)

Unknown said...

Hang in there Stace! This will be small compared to what you've gone through already. I had low iron too and it just meant I had to take some pills. I'm praying that's all it will be for you.

You look gorgeous! I'm so happy to see some pictures of you pregnant. I love you!